Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Fines de semana de soltero

De "Morning" de Donald Barthelme:

-Going home.
-No, thank you.
-You're afraid of it?
-Indeed, do I still live?
-What are you afraid of?
-One old man alone in a room. Two old men alone in a room. Three old men alone in a room.
-Well maybe you could talk to them or something.
-And say: Howdy, have you heard about pleasure, have you heard about fun? Let's go out and bust up a bar, it's been a long time. What are you up to, what are your plans? Still lifting weights? I've been screwing all night, how 'bout you? "You please me, happiness!"
-Well I don't think about this stuff a lot of the time.
-Humility is barefoot, Lewdness is physically attractive and holds a sprig of colewort, the Hour is a wheel, and Courage is strangling a lion, by shoving a mailed fist down its throat.
-How did the party end?
-I wasn't there.

No comments: