Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Soon enough you'll get bored"

John Baldessari en entrevista, sobre su rutina:

I've always structured my day in the same way wherever I can -get up around five, read for a couple hours, and then make breakfast. I get to my studio around ten a.m. and stay there until six or seven. Even if I don't do any work, I just like to be there. To me, it doesn't matter if you spend four out of five days cleaning the place -soon enough you'll get bored of doing that and actually create something.

John Baldessari en entrevista, sobre trabajar en su estudio:

I'm not here five days a week, I'm here seven. I'm separated and the children are gone, so it's not like I'm upsetting anyone by being away so much.

John Baldessari en entrevista, sobre qué hace por las tardes:

When I get home in the evening, I cook dinner, do the dishes, watch a couple of movies, and maybe read a little. Then I go to bed, wake up, and do the same thing. I'm a real bore, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: